Helpman is a research and development enterprise. Through our cluster of nonprofit think-tanks, we identify emerging knowledge needs, stimulate knowledge creation and harness innovation for the benefit of economy and society. We apply frontier knowledge and tools to help organizations eliminate operational wastes, expedite knowledge development and enlarge product spaces. Our clientele traverses private and public sectors and our work spans various areas including agriculture, natural resources, industry and trade, healthcare, education, community services and governance.
We are looking for prospective researchers to join our 9-month internship program. Through rigorous learning and doing complimented by personalized training and supervision, we prepare interns responsibly for a career in research and development. The location of this internship is Abuja.
Seven (7) positions are available. The duration of this cohort is 28th October 2019 – July 31 2020.
What you’ll learn
- Concepts – various development issues and topics in your sector of interest including public health and health systems, agriculture, labour, industry, trade and population studies
- Methods – various approaches including quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods, framing research questions, protocol development
- Data – management and analysis, mathematical and statistical analyses, data visualization and use of relevant statistical packages
- Writing and documentation – translating raw findings into reports, preparing high-quality briefs, and grant writing
What you’ll do
- Conduct structured reviews, data analysis and interpretation, policy discussions etc.
- Share learnings and findings in form of scheduled presentations and workshops
- Train and build capability of junior cohorts
What you’ll gain
- Ability to conduct policy and goal-oriented research in your sector of interest
- Proficiency in data handling, analysis, interpretation and visualization
- Ability to write scientifically, for funding, publications and policy.
Who you are
We are looking for a graduate with CGPA of at least 4.0/5.0 from a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) course or economics. In addition, you must be
- Self-driven – able to make progress and solve problems with little guidance
- Able to multi-task and work in a manner that meets stated timelines
- Have strong passion for success and sufficient faith in the Nigeria project
- Ability to handle and manipulate large amounts of data
- An excellent person – hating mediocrity in every shape and form
- A person with great attention to detail and well organized
- A quick learner and able to obtain information promptly from online sources.
How you’ll work
- You will be expected to work 40 hours a week in addition to training hours
- This is a non-salaried position. However, we will offer competitive internship allowance.
- An environment free from discrimination that accelerates career growth.
- Freedom of expression of thoughts, ideas and contribution to discussions.
You can indicate your interest by applying at through this link. Please do this before close of work on Monday 30th September 2019. As, this position requires residence in Abuja, we will not provide accomodation to non-residents. This internship requires full-time comittment of the nine months.